Subscribe Now: standard

8 February 2012

Powering Through

   It's been a few days since my last post, mainly because I've been feeling a little low. I started doing some new stuff at work & I started to doubt whether I could do it. On Monday & Tuesday each morning I felt down & it took until the afternoons until I'd pick up. I felt low 1st thing this morning too, but was able to get my mood back on track before I went swimming at 7am.

   Here are a few tips that worked for me to change my mood:
1) Doing exercise before work even though I really couldn't be bothered.
2) Reminding myself that my mood is a temporary feeling (this goes for most moods/feelings, good & bad).
3) Worrying about work each morning is negative. You don't know what the day holds so quit worrying!
5) Don't stay in bed for that extra 10mins if your feeling low. Get up & eat, just moving around your home should help (It's a bonus that my cat Lucy will usually go scatty for 30mins & act like a loon to cheer me up!)
5) On your way into work listen to your favourite upbeat music in car or on iPod... Nothing depressing like the Smiths :-)
6) Doing my Alternative Journal, click on the link below for details
http://bpshielsy.blogspot.com/2012/02/alternative-journal-3212.html

Feel free to comment to add any other tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment