Subscribe Now: standard

26 February 2012

Bipolar WTF!

   Here's something that always makes me think & keeps me driving round that bend... If doctors can't pinpoint exactly what causes BiPolar, how can they treat it effectively?? From what I've been advised, BP can be caused, either, by a traumatic event or it is hereditary. In my case I have both of those possibilities.
 
   I've heard a lot of stories about people trying a lot of different drugs to keep their BP under control & how frustrated they feel. The fact that people have to keep trying different medications to find what works for them, reinforces how hard it is to try & control BP. I myself take Epilim Chrono (a drug used to treat Epilepsy) which helps stabilise my mood & Fluoxetine, an anti-depressant. Epilim Chrono by the way is free if you're Epileptic, but not if you have bipolar. Nice that isn't it, but I won't get started on that now! I've been on them for three years & in that period I've been off work twice extensively. So although I'm sticking with them they obviously aren't working ideally.

   I'm not trying to blame doctors for not being able to treat BP as well as I'd like. It would be pointless. I might as well blame the medical profession for not finding cures for all forms of cancer. The reason for this post is to try & explain the frustration of having & dealing with BP. I won't be able to scratch the surface on getting it across, but hopefully it will give an insight to what it's like. If your reading this & you have BP I'm sure it'll resonate with you.

   Right, well I'm off for a swim. I'm sure it will help work off my frustration :-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment