Subscribe Now: standard

24 February 2012

Week Before My Birthday


   Hmmm, my week hasn't quite gone according to plan... It started off well, but throughout the week I found work harder & it has affected my mood a little. I've been in training over the last 10 days & over the last couple of days I've been putting into practice what I'd learned.
   I've only been back in work full time for the last 7 days & after being off work for around 2 1/2 months I was rusty to say the least. I made numerous mistakes & I was taking to longer to get through the workload than I normally would. Not surprisingly my confidence took a brief nosedive on Thursday afternoon & I was very self conscious of what I was doing, which started to annoy me no end.
   Towards the end of the working day I reminded myself that I've got a fun weekend to look forward to. A four day weekend for a start! A meal out with the Mrs on Saturday for my Bday. A pub roast with family on Sunday & relaxing the rest of the time. Well, a part from grouting the tiles in the bathroom for the 1st time ever at some point. That should be interesting & no doubt calamitous...  Uncle Mike if you have any tips now would be a good time to call :-)

   I couldn't be bothered to, but I forced myself to update my Alternative Journal on the train home from work. I struggled to find my usual amount of positive points for work, but I reread what I'd written in the morning which cheered me up a little.

   Right, well this is my 1st day off for the long weekend & I'm already up at the ungodly hour of 06:00, so I'm off to enjoy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment