Subscribe Now: standard

4 March 2012

Grouting The Tiles


   OK, so I thought I'd update you on my bathroom wall tile exploits. As I predicted, Week Before My Birthday, calamitous was close to the mark...
   On Sunday morning after watching YouTube clips on the DIY extravaganza I thought "yeah that looks simple enough" & off to the DIY store I went. Bought the grout/tile adhesive & some sealant to go around the bath. I fixed the loose tile & sealed the bath, which looked good, even if it was a little lumpy in places. Cue the complaints from wife that she can't shower in the morning as it takes 24hrs to set.
   I wake up on Monday morning to the sound of the shower going "hhmmm" I think "that's not right." I investigate, only to find my gorgeous wife showering to her hearts content. The lovely lady has sello-taped a shopping bag over the offending tile in an attempt to make it waterproof. I could virtually hear the tile working itself loose.
   I checkout my handy work to notice that the sealant doesn't appear to have taken as I hoped. I can see the voids behind the sealant in parts & my bob the builder brain thinks "No probs, just go over it again." So I do & now my handy work is complete, if a little more lumpy... I check on my sealant later in the day to be decidedly disappointed that there are still voids showing through! Annoyed I flounce off to the gym. That'll fix the bathroom.
   I come home to notice that now there are even more voids showing, Harumpfff! The next day I think to finally check the details on the tube of sealant & to my surprise in bold lettering is the word Translucent. Its only taken me three days to realise the error of my ways. "Enough, I'll purchase some brilliant white sealant on Saturday & go over again."

Its Saturday now folks & I know I should really remove the translucent stuff, but hell I'm going for third time lucky. Wish me luck... as you can see I need it.

PS, the wife has asked me not to paint the bedroom any time soon... :-(

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog! I dont know if I should love it, but I love how human it is! Sarah F x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, hate it, I don't mind. Thanks Sarah

    ReplyDelete